What Do We Believe and Teach?
St. Bartholomew Evangelical Lutheran Church of Kawkawlin is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod. This church body known as the WELS believes and teaches:
- That the Bible is God’s Word to all people and is true in its entirety
- That all people are sinners who need God’s forgiveness offered in Christ Jesus our Savior
- That Jesus Christ, true God and true man, has removed the guilt of our sins by living in our place the perfect life we could not live and then willingly taking upon himself the punishment we deserve for our sins when he suffered and died on the cross
- That those who believe these clear truths of God’s inspired Word – The Bible – are saved from eternal death in hell, and guaranteed a place in heaven
- That those who believe in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior from sin will respond to God’s love by applying and living his Word in their lives, as demonstrated by their word and actions, solely as a gesture of love and thanks to God for his great love for us in Jesus Christ, our Savior