The Season of Lent
The season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday (March 1). Lent is a solemn journey that leads us to contemplate what our Savior endured in order to secure our forgiveness and salvation. Lent culminates with Good Friday as Jesus died on the cross paying the debt our sins had accrued. We know that the story does not end with Christ in dead and in the grave but that he arose from the dead on Easter Sunday as the firstfruits to rise from the dead.
This year our journey through Lent on Wednesdays will use the theme: Repent: Turn to Jesus
We offer two services each Wednesday. One at 3:30pm and one at 7pm with a supper served in between the services. We hope you will join us. During the season of Lent we participate in a pulpit rotation with pastors in our circuit. The schedule for the rotation follows along with the sermon theme that they will be preaching.
- March 1 – Pastor Lindke – Turn to Jesus he longs to forgive.
- March 8 – Pastor Seafert – Turn to Jesus he holds the Key to Heaven
- March 15 – Pastor Lindloff (from Emanuel Tawas) – Turn to Jesus do not turn away
- March 22 – Pastor Luetzow (From Bethel) – Turn to Jesus and not to yourself
- March 29 – Pastor Starr (from Trinity) – Turn to Jesus when you face temptation
- April 5 – Pastor Schulz (retired pastor) – Turn to Jesus he changes your life
Holy Week Schedule
- Palm Sunday - 8:00 am and 10:00 am & Monday at 7:00 pm - Pastor Seafert
- Maundy Thursday - 7:00 pm - "Receive a Special Assurance" - Pastor Lindke
- Good Friday - 7:00 pm - "He and He Alone Finished Your Salvation" - Pastor Lindke
- Easter Morning - 7:00 am - "Join in Easter Triumph" - Pastor Seafert
- Easter Morning - 10:00 am - "For Resurrection and Life" - Pastor Lindke
- Easter Breakfast between services